COMMISSION STATUS: OPEN!|
ALL PRICES ARE IN USD!
Commissions Queue is [HERE].
The Terms and Conditions have been heavily edited, last edited on October 28, 2019. You are encouraged to read through the whole Terms before ordering your commission! Remember: if a clause exists, there is probably a story behind it. I apologize in advance.
- 1. Please be clear of what "media type" (Sketch, Doodle, Line-art, Shaded Line-art, Flats, Cel-shade, Advanced) you would like. This is a direct indicator of how much you are going to pay, as it's based on how long a picture can take. OR, you may also set a fixed price, a "Pay what you want" rate, but this leaves me with the option to do whatever I want as far as media goes. "Pay what you want" prices will be based on a $15 per hour rate, as that is the approximate rate for all media types.
- 1a. Extra characters on the same picture are an extra 50%. Except in Sketches, simple backgrounds are typically included in the price. If you order a picture with an extra character, you will lose out on any discounts with drawing a portrait or bust.
- 1b. Complicated characters and all BattleMechs (or other mecha), vehicles, or other complex machinery in the foreground will count as two characters as I see fit. This can typically include characters with extremely complex fur pattern designs, an excessive amount of accessories, and many other examples. This can also include a complex or hard to apply camouflage pattern on a unit or outfit. You will be warned before I queue the commission, so long as I have advanced notice of these details.
- 1c. If you just want a single character picture drawn from the waist up, the cost is reduced to 75% of the medium price. From the upper chest up, reduced to 50%. This is visually outlined in the new chart, but is included here for completeness. This cost-cutting will not apply at all if a second character or a 'Mech/vehicle is featured.
- 1d. Reference sheets are available! For around $120 USD, I can draw a detailed reference for your character. Only available in cel-shade. Simpler characters may see a reduced rate or very complicated characters an increased rate, dependent on time spent; you'll find out in the invoice but you should be warned well ahead of time.
- 1e. Comic commissions are now available! Individual pages are 500% the base media price, with pages being a typical 8.5" by 11" page of paper at 300dpi (2550x3300px). Pages with less than 4 panels will be figured differently as if it is a sequential commission (point 1f, below), and if it is less than 500%, that price will be used instead for that page. I will not be responsible for the comic's layout and the commissioner must be in constant contact with me as I am doing this commission, such as during a stream. No minimum of pages but I might get sour with you if you try to jam 8+ panels into a page. That's not readable, man.
- 1f. Sequential commissions are available, but there is no "sale" for buying pictures in bulk, and you will be charged for each picture in the sequence as if its own commission. Again, you will be warned about this before I proceed with the sequence. If you need more than 4 sequential commissions, consider a comic commission, above.
- 1g. Alternates of commissioned artwork, depending on complexity, will each cost approximately 20% of the final price agreed upon for the original. Very simple alterations such as color swaps may be lower. An "alternate" is defined as an alteration of the original art that adds, removes or changes small elements of the original art. No more than 3 alts will be permitted in one commission.
- 1h. Mature and Adult pieces are still available, but their distribution by me will be restricted. Ratings are based on Inkbunny's straightforward rating system: general nudity without showing fluids or arousal is considered Mature, and anything explicit or approaching it, such as sensual touching or posing may be considered Adult.
- 1i. There is a minimum transaction cost of $10 USD. If for some reason your running total is less than $10, it will be brought up to $10. Consider either asking for more work or increasing the potential quality of your picture. Please note the wording: you can ask for two separate sketch portraits for $8 each, and as long as it's part of the same order, this is still a $16 transaction, not $20.
- 2. Please be extra clear of what you want drawn. The less IMs and time we spend trading Notes or DMs with each other, the faster I can queue you in, and draw for you. I don't like looking at vague requests, then trying to figure out what you had on your mind, then I take too much artistic license and you're unhappy with the product. You will not be put on the list until I am reasonably confident that I have all the information I need. Front-load all details at once, and please have references ready. If I have questions (and they might come up later on as I work on the commission, I do not catch everything, sorry), I will ask.
- 2a. Please don't waffle. Please know for sure what you want, and don't change your mind halfway through negotiations! I have better things to do than to draw out a conversation, when I could be drawing out your picture instead.
- 2b. Changing your mind mid-drawing or mid-stream when the details of the commission have been finalized will have the work to your commission ceased, portion of price demanded relative to the amount of work done, and you dropped from the list immediately. You will not be allowed to commission me again. I will remember, too, and so will everyone else: I keep a public banned list on the commission queue page.
- 2c. For higher value commissions, Works in Progress (WIP) will be handed out downsized and watermarked. These are sent to 1: give you an update on your commission, and 2: give you an opportunity to give you feedback on the commission. Details should not be changed unless it's pretty clear I misunderstood or misread your commission details. Which can happen. Please tell me. I'm human. :(
- 2d. Within reason, I can return to a finished picture of yours if there are any glaring issues with your commission. Please bring up such issues privately, such as over the Note/PM system. You have 72 hours after the date and time of submission to bring up such issues. Time of note will be seen, not when I read it for this consideration.
- 2e. I reserve the right to refuse service to you for any reason. Please mind your manners: I will not deal with hostile customers. I have quit my day jobs mostly for this reason.
- 3. Half up front is now required once the rough sketch is completed. An invoice will be sent to the email address you provided for half of the cost of the commission. A second invoice will be sent for the remainder due, once the commission is completed.
- 3a. If the commission transaction is equal to or less than $30, the entire price will be due once the rough sketch is drawn. This point may not be adhered to for sketch commissions or sketch streams.
- 3b. One method of pay I accept is payment through PayPal. When commissioning, please send me your PayPal address. This address is used to send you an invoice when the picture is completed.
- 3c. I am also accepting payments through Square, if you do not have a PayPal but you have a credit or debit card, or choose to not deal with the draconian Terms of Service with PayPal. I will walk you through how to pay when it is time to do so.
- 3d. If the commission is not completed within 60 days of receipt of the first half payment, you have the option to either ask for a refund and have your commission cancelled (even if it is in progress, but you will not see the work) or to continue to have faith. If it is not completed within 90 days of receipt of the first payment, 10% of the final price will be docked, to reflect that it is too late for you to ask for a refund from PayPal. (Effectively, your "second half" will be only 40% of what's left.) Point 3a shouldn't apply here, but if I don't finish something worth at or less than $30 by this point, something has gone wrong and you should contact me.
- 3e. Asking for a refund before the 60 days is fine, you will still receive the refund. However, you will be on the ban list for three months, less the time waited, to a minimum of a month. If I was working on your commission at the time, you will be told about such, and I'll give you a chance to reconsider. If you decide to take the refund anyway, that ban will be extended to a year and you will not see any of the work done.
- 4. If you are requesting content of a mature or adult nature, please ask about what sort of "fetishes" I won't do for your request, because I am rather picky in this department. NO UNDERAGE ADULT ART! If you so much as ask about this subject matter, I will block you from anywhere you contact me and your name added to the public ban list immediately. I take this rule quite seriously.
- 4a. A few no-nos I won't draw: Underage (Mature+), diapers, scat, rape (excluding if personal character Rachel Gates is the victim or if you have full ownership of the victim), hate art (the depiction of putting the victim or victim's character into a terrible position), beastiality. This is not an exhaustive list.
- 5. Please tell me if you do NOT want it submitted to my online galleries. I understand if you want to keep a picture private, but I also would like to tell people that I am active. I will link to your gallery if you have one, unless given instruction not to, so keep this in consideration. If I am not given a decision, General-rated pics will be posted publicly.
- 5a. If you ask for a sketch or Line-art, you are welcome to color it yourself. If you post it online, you must link to my gallery and notify me. Credit me just for what I did.
- 5b. Other artists that are not you may not color sketches or line-art unless it is done for free, or if you ask me for permission. Like before, if it is posted online, you must link to my gallery and notify me.
- 5c. You are welcome to post the finished commission to your gallery (regardless of its rating), but you MUST link back to me and notify me.
If you are interested in ordering something, please send me a note at either FurAffinity, Inkbunny, NewGrounds, DM me at Twitter, or message me privately on Discord if you have it.
I hope to work with you in the future!
Project Dark Fox
Sonic the Hedgehog (C) Sonic Team, SEGA